The Enfield Volunteer Fire Department (EVFD) is always looking for new members.
To become a member of the EVFD, you:
- Must live in the Enfield Fire District (Please contact the office at 902-883-9215 for more information),
- Are of the age of 18 years,
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct (click to view)
- Complete the application from this link here,
- Pick up a letter from the Enfield Fire Hall during regular business hours (7am to 4pm) that authorizes RCMP to complete the Vulnerable Sector and Criminal Record Check (VSR/CRC),
- Take this letter and complete the form required at the RCMP detachment. Pick up the VSC/CRC once it is ready.
- Go to Nova Scotia Child Abuse Register Check to complete the form. The results of this check will be mailed to you,
- Once these checks are returned to you, submit them to the Enfield Fire Hall in an envelope with Attention: Membership Committee.
Applicants will be contacted to discuss their application and ask for additional information if required.
An interview may be set when the application form is complete, and all background checks are submitted.
Successful applicants will be placed on a one-year probation.
Applicants are provided all equipment and training required for firefighting duties.